You might have been using skin care oils for years and might already be hooked to them, but you aren’t getting the best benefits that these wonderful oils have to offer until you’re using the best ones for your skin type. This guide from Vine Vera helps you understand which oils are the best for your Vine Vera skin care routine and what benefits they actually have to offer.
Sunflower Oil (Helianthus Annus Seed Oil)
Helianthus Annus Seed Oil, also known as sunflower oil, is believed to be highly beneficial for your skin and your hair. Let’s have a look at some of the reasons why sunflower oils are so essential in terms of your skin care.
- Vitamin A, C & E –Sunflower oils are rich in Vitamins A, C and E. Vitamin A is considered to be highly useful for anti-aging skin care and it is one of the best anti-agers around. The main role of Vitamin C is to offer your skin with antioxidant protection which helps to prevent free radical damage and stop your collagen and elastin proteins from getting destroyed. Finally, sunflower oil is also believed to be one of the best natural sources of Vitamin E. Vitamin E is vital for the day-to-day nutritional requirements and it helps with blood clotting as well.
- Zinc –One of the main benefits of sunflower oil is that it contains zinc. The presence of zinc allows the oil to strengthen the immune system and also helps the body in avoiding cough and cold.
- Omega-6 –Linoleic sunflower oil is full of polyunsaturated fats such as omega-6 fatty acids. These fatty acids are usually involved with processes like healing your wounds and helping your hair to become stronger.
- Effective emollient. Sunflower oil is one of the most effective emollients which makes it an ideal ingredient for medicinal and skin care applications. Sunflower oil can prove to be a useful tool against skin issues like inflammation, eczema and acne and it also reduces skin irritation.
- Reduces Overproduction of Oils. One of the main reasons why sunflower oil has been termed as an ideal solution for acne is that it reduces overproduction of oils (one of the causes of acne).
- Anti-inflammatory. Sunflower Oil ranks as one of the best anti-inflammatory ingredients in the world. This helps it to soothe your skin and prevent issues like skin inflammation.
- Prevents premature aging. The presence of all sorts of antioxidants allows sunflower oil to help out with premature aging as well. Sunflower oil is an excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E, two antioxidants that prevent free radical damage and stop premature aging.
Soybean Oil (Glycine Soja Oil)
Glycine Soja Oil, also known as Soybean Oil, is another skin care oil that is highly useful in your everyday routines. Let’s examine some of the main ingredients and benefits that make soybean oil so popular in skin care routines around the world.
- Vitamins B & C – Vitamin B boosts your skin hydration and also works wonders in preventing redness. Furthermore, Vitamin B helps to boost the production of fatty acids and ceramides, two components that are vital for the healthy functioning of the outermost layer of your skin. Vitamin C offers the skin with antioxidant properties that prevent free radical damage, in turn protecting the skin from premature aging.
- Genistein – Soybean oils are known to be one of the best sources of genistein, a compound that is known to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin and improve its overall elasticity.
- Lenulic acid – Soybean Oil offers your skin with amazing quantities of lenulic acids. Lenulic acids are known to be highly useful for the skin, the hair and the glands.
- Great moisturizer for combination skin. Soybean oil is particularly beneficial for those with combination skin. It is commonly termed a “Smart Moisturizer” because of its ability to reduce the oiliness from the oily areas of the skin and moisturize the dry areas of the skin.
- Reduces blemishes. Soybean oil has been found to be useful in reducing skin blemishes such as acne. Regular use of this wonderful skin care oil can also help you improve your overall skin tone.
- Promotes new cell growth. Finally, soybean oil also helps your skin to promote new cell growth and maintain the existing cells as well.
Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima Oil)
Persea Gratissima Oil, also known as Avocado Oil, might not be as popular as Tea Tree Oil or Lavender Oil, but it certainly offers a lot of benefits to your skin. It is particularly useful for your skin care, healthy cooking, scalp treatments and medicinal purposes. Let’s examine some of the main benefits of adding avocado oil to your regular skin care.
- Vitamins A, D and E – Avocado Oil is rich in Vitamins A, D and E and is known to be highly useful for sun-damaged skin. The presence of these antioxidants makes the skin suppler and this oil is a perfect fit for dry and aged skin.
- Omega-3 – These oils are very rich in unsaturated fatty acids like Omega-3, the same fatty acid found in fish oil.
- Sterolins – Avocado oils offer your skin with high quantities of a substance known as sterolins. Studies have shown that sterolins can help in facilitating the softening of your skin and reducing the appearance of age spots.
- May boost collagen production. Avocado Oil can help in increasing the production of your collagen proteins, which in turn decreases the effects of premature aging and plumps up the skin.
- May reduce itching and inflammation. Avocado Oil can relieve itchy and dry skin, thereby making it an ideal moisturizing agent. It can also help to clear scaly skin, relieve itchy scalp symptoms and stimulate hair growth.
- Soothes sunburn. Apart from offering your skin with the right amount of moisture, avocado oils are also rich in a number of antioxidants that allow it to soothe sunburned skin.